The major objectives of our Medical Coding course are:
- Learn major organ systems and advanced terms associated with those systems.
- Learn medical terminology that covers basic terminology including prefixes, suffixes, word roots, combining forms, abbreviations, and symbols.
- Get an overview of the correct use of the ICD-10-CM diagnosis manual in assigning codes
- Understand the correct use of the CPT & HCPCS Procedural Manual to assign codes to each service provided to patients.
- CPT [Procedural Coding] includes Evaluation and management, Anesthesia, Surgery, Radiology, Pathology and laboratory, Medicine, Modifiers, and Place of services.
- Understand compliance with medical law and ethical standards as set out by national health service organizations.